Created by award-winning educators, EssayJack is an interactive web platform that pre-structures student essays with text boxes, interactive tips and prompts, split screen composing, and a live word count. It reduces writing anxiety, procrastination, and plagiarism, helping students to write better essays and get the essay help they need. The entire patented EssayJack platform can be customized and allows for rubric-based feedback.
- Teach essay writing with a scaffolded approach, building the essay bit by bit.
- Create custom tips, prompts, sections etc. for your students so they have your guidance online 24/7.
- Toggle sections on/off to create custom formats and add video or audio clips for your students.
- Speed up the feedback process with a built-in rubric and scoped commenting for peer, self, or final assessment.
- In-built useful phrases to get students started on the right track.
- Focused textboxes so that writing an essay is easy and quick.
- Split screen composing so students can see their essay being built in real time.
- Easily export as a word document file when done.
What EssayJack users say about the app
Essay writing is in the curriculum. EssayJack offers a new way to approach it that students enjoy; breaking down the essay into smaller, more manageable sections. It was easy to integrate into our course plans, and didn’t take long to get the hang of it – Middle School Teacher, Canada
Overall the quality of student writing improved. Essay Jack gave the students a framework and structure within which to write. The framework allowed ideas to flow more cohesively and the drop down menu ensured improvement in the use of transitions – 8th Grade Teacher, Canada
Using EssayJack felt like somebody was guiding me through my own thoughts and helping me organize my ideas so that they are not all over the place – University Student, Canada
Why was this app created?
Our co-founders, through decades of teaching experience, recognised that students weren’t equipped with the skills to deal with the demands of writing in schools, colleges, and universities. So they built an application that helps students structure their essays and educators teach essay.
What do studies done in classrooms using the app show?
Results from 8th Grade study:
100% of the students showed improvement in their writing (as reported by the teacher who graded their assignments) when using EssayJack.
Results from University study:
75% of students who used EssayJack to prepare their written submissions improved their grades.
About our CEO and Co-founder
Dr Lindy has spent her adult life dedicated to education and teaching English and English Literature. She was a tutor and then a secondary school teacher; after that, a university instructor and professor.She has taught students how to think and write critically and logically. She has also taught teachers how to teach writing and literature. Throughout her years in education she recognised the struggle that students and teachers experienced when writing and teaching essays. She built EssayJack to fruition so that students, and educators can feel supported in their writing goals. She often says, “Everyone deserves the best English language writing training. Everyone deserves